The best language lab around
The ReLANpro is a software-based media lab that operates via your school’s Local Area Network and offers a suite of features focusing on language training and computer training. Since the ReLANpro is software based, many of the concerns of the IT department and school’s physical plant are eliminated since the system relies on the school’s LAN (Local Area Network) to operate. No special installation procedures (cable routing, etc.) are required.
Features and capabilities
- Instant Record facility: Instant Record feature: With the click of a button the teacher’s voice is recorded/saved and automatically date and time stamped. The language teacher is the student’s most reliable source.
- Gap creator:Makes all Windows© an MAC© based audio and video material suitable for language lab use. Enables two-track recording for instant use, playback and analysis at all times. Numerous varieties, like translating songs or comedies makes language learning fun.
- Audio Pairing: With the click of a button the teacher can pair and group students together for conversational practice. Both fixed and random pairing is available. Paired audio communication can be recorded for later use, playback and analysis.
- Visual Pairing: Visual clues such as facial expressions and body language increase aural comprehension in the target language. ReLANpro is the only language lab to offer this unique feature. Just as in Audio Pairing, these interactions are easily recorded to create a digital file.
- Video Conference: Up to four students can be connected in a video conference using Visual Pairing. Each person appears in a separate window and all can be viewed simultaneously – perfect for group interaction!
- Oral examination: The Student Recorder allows teachers to administer oral examinations in the computer lab. Student recordings are saved as MP3 files.
- Accessibility: ReLANpro can be installed onto the school’s existing server granting students access from any computer in the school’s network.
- Cloud integration: ReLANpro integrates seamlessly with our Cloud Server. The teacher’s content will be accessible from the ReLANpro Language Lab and the cloud.
6 applications in 1 neat package
click on the topics to expand
- The teacher can see the names of all students who are logged-on and what program(s) they are interacting with
- A software-based “virtual recorder” eliminates past generation mechanical recorders
- The “virtual recorder” offers 12 “go to” bookmarks
- Students can watch a video and translate the audio track to another language
- Students can watch a video and record their answers to a teacher’s questions.
- Students can watch a video and write their comments
- Students can watch a video and answer a Multiple Choice test
- Any or all of the above functions can “run” simultaneously
- Students can access teacher selected web sites on the Internet
ReLANpro is the first company to offer the ability to connect audio with video in pairs and groups, allowing students to see and hear each other in pairs or groups. During the recording, the teacher can decide to record the audio only, AND has the option to record both audio and video combined.
- A complete Computer Supervision System (CSS) using a dual monitor teacher computer, allows the teacher to view any student screen, interact with the student, and take control of the student PC for instructional purposes.
- Up to 6 student screens can be viewed by the instructor simultaneously.
- Broadcasting of any student screen to any or all other student screens allows peer to peer instruction.
- The teacher can restrict (block) students visiting any website or opening any application.
- Teachers can open applications such as Word™, Excel ™or Power Point ™, for one, several, or all students.
- Transfer digital files to and from one, a group, or all student computers.
- Transfer of any video to one, a group, or all student PCs from DVDs, VHS, camera stand, etc.
- Paperless testing is accomplished by sending out a digital file, i.e. in Word®, allowing students to complete the project, then collect the data electronically – no paper is used!
- A dual window text editing system allows students to cut and paste from the teacher window to their own, to answer test questions or write comments to video presentations.
- The software can run any PC program, i.e. math, science, history, language, etc.
- The ReLANpro is easy to use and will enhance their ability to teach languages.
- The ReLANpro can be used to teach curriculum other than languages including computer studies.
- The ReLANpro can be kept up to date and managed by the school’s IT personnel eliminating “outside contractors”.
- Training for the use of the ReLANpro is available initially on site, and supplemental training can be done online.
- The ReLANpro is less expensive than a “fixed” language lab yet more powerful.
- The ReLANpro has no moving parts so is not subject to the same mechanical failures as analog systems.
- The ReLANpro can be used to train students in many disciplines.
- The ReLANpro can be maintained by a district’s own IT personnel. Educators will be attracted to advanced technology and will stay within the district, rather than look for another job in a “high tech” school district.
- The school’s new lab(s) will attract new students to the school/district.
- Schools and/or districts become community “technology” leaders. This is a great advantage when communities see where their bond monies and/or taxes have been spent in the pursuance of “excellence of education”.
- • Parents are supportive of new technology which prepares their children for a world job market. Happy parents contribute to the well being of their own offspring, the school they attend, and the community at large.
- The ReLANpro can be added to an existing computer lab
- The ReLANpro is easy to move, should the need arise
- The ReLANpro is software based so the IT personnel can maintain and upgrade the lab themselves
- Since there is no “mechanical” installation, rooms do not need to be “torn up” to facilitate a new system
- The ReLANpro can be easily added to an existing computer lab
- The IT personnel can monitor the functionality of the system from their office